Jorea moved to Hodgkins in 1992 from Countryside, IL. She worked for Operating Engineers Local 150 and retired in June of 2011. She has worked for ESDA and as an Election Judge in Hodgkins. Most recently she sat on the Board of Commissioners for the Hodgkins Park District. Jorea was appointed to the position of the late Paul Struve as Village Trustee. She is also a member of the Hodgkins senior group “Aging Well” and a member of the Homeowners Association for Weeping Willow Ranch mobile home community. She has lived in Hodgkins for over 30 years and can not “think of a more giving and loving town to live in”
In 1887, the Santa Fe Railroad ran through town for the first time on its route from Chicago to Kansas City. A two room depot with an outhouse was constructed. Until then the settlement had been known as Polk. But the railroad named the town Novak, after the last man they bought the property from. Thus, the Village of Hodgkins was known as Polk, Novak, Gary, and Storey. However, it was incorporated only as Hodgkins.