Building Permit Application
The attached PDF is available to download. Use the computer to fill in the requested information, save, print, and submit to the Village. There may be additional requirements to successfully apply. Please follow the directions on the form. Once the PDF is downloaded to your computer, fill it out, save it, then email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with Ordinance #18-03 the fee for building permits is as follows:
Minimum Fee — $50.00
Up to $100,00 in value — 2% of construction value
$100,000 to $2,000,000 in value — 1½% of construction value
$2,000,000 to $10,000,000 in value — 1¼% of construction value
Over $10,000,000 in value — 1% of construction value
If an additional fee is required, the fee will be $100 per discipline or as invoiced to the Village by a third party inspecting agency.
ATTENTION ALL CONTRACTORS!
Please provide the Village of Hodgkins with the following required documentation in order to complete the building permit application process.
Please indicate the project you are submitting the required documents for to ensure they will be attached to the appropriate permit.
- A current copy of the Contractors License from any major city located within the State of Illinois.
- A Contractors Certificate of Insurance and a $10,000 Bond with the Village of Hodgkins as additionally insured.
- A copy of the Electricians License and Certificate of Insurance naming the Village of Hodgkins as additionally insured.
- A copy of the Plumbers License and a Certificate of Insurance naming the Village of Hodgkins as additionally insured.
- Any Sub-Contractor working on the project needs to submit a copy of a license and a Certificate of Insurance naming the Village of Hodgkins as additionally insured.
- All construction sites must have a fence in place at the time of groundbreaking.
If you have any questions regarding the information listed above, please feel free to contact the Village Hodgkins Building permit department at 708-579-6700 or email email@example.com.